The Largest Caribbean Data Science Incubator
Female STEM Students
There is an international shortage of qualified and experienced Data Scientists, to combat this growing issue StarApple Analytics launched its highly competitive and immersive Data Science Internship Programme in August 2021, called Starapple Sprout.
The StarApple Sprout Programme is a part of our commitment to developing the next generation of Caribbean Data Scientists and driving Data Science for public good. The Programme is open to applicants from any academic discipline and background, what you need is a passion for data, finding solutions to complex problems and an interest in providing real-world value to the Caribbean.
Interns will be assigned to a senior level Data Scientist to work on a variety of projects using a multitude of methodologies, during their tenure. At the end of the programme, Interns may be offered a prestigious full-time position on the StarApple Data Science Team or a Junior Researcher role in the StarApple AI Research Lab, Section 9
The Internship Programme Provides the Opportunity for Interns to:
- Working on multiple data science projects using real data to solve real world problems
- Build skills and knowledge in advanced analytics
- Develop Business, Presentation and Strategic skills that separate basic Data Analysts and Scientists from the exceptional ones
- Participate in on-site and external training opportunities in statistical analysis, visualisation, research methods and computer programming
- Work alongside regional leaders in Data Science, Business Intelligence, and Artificial Intelligence, gaining valuable work experience.